[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 920: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
Advanced Ball Striking • View topic - Golf Illustrated Oct 2010 Hitting vs Swinging

Golf Illustrated Oct 2010 Hitting vs Swinging

Re: Golf Illustrated Oct 2010 Hitting vs Swinging

Postby Range Rat » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:52 am

Do you ever come back east ??

Sure, that is the right side of deck? :lol:
One way in, one way out, is life's whirlwind.
Range Rat

Postby norcalvol » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:48 am

Once again, I'm quite new to this forum, and somewhat new to basic concepts that are the center of discussion here, but I have a question about the 4:30 slot...
Is this position held with equal value for swingers as for hitters? i.e., is this a universal concept in golf?
Learning to squeeze the towel.
norcalvol

Postby Range Rat » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:54 am

norcalvol wrote:Once again, I'm quite new to this forum, and somewhat new to basic concepts that are the center of discussion here, but I have a question about the 4:30 slot...
Is this position held with equal value for swingers as for hitters? i.e., is this a universal concept in golf?

Yes, give me another with extra onions please! Pretty much spot on in terms of universal concept, however a big area of discussion sometimes rests with whether or not there is some measure of verticality- from ground up- within the process. So yes, it is a path, route, corridor, whatever one chooses to label it but, and for some it could be a big butt, the question is where does, should, or could the corridor start....up high, down low, or somewhere nicely settled between the two if we use an elevator for an example. Do we descend from the top to our destination, or descend to our destination from two floors above.

But then the discussion turns to gear; palm up, palm down; with our without forearm rotation ( but the forearm will ALWAYS have some rotation to it ); or is it a steep attack from a shallow entry, or a shallow attack from a steeper entry.

Interesting puzzle..... ;)
Range Rat

Postby norcalvol » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:08 am

OK. So based on my viewing of videos of golf swings labeled as hitters and swingers, it appears that the hitters are for the most part starting to enter the slot from a lower point than the swingers.
But it is interesting that there is an in-between case --- perhaps a hybrid between the two swing types (pardon the modern equipment pun)... ???

I am now (without having signed up for module work, yet) working on a couple of things --- maintaining wrist angle (more consciously than before), starting to enter the slot from a lower position, and using the pivot in a more pronounced way (it feels like I have to be more pivot focused in order to hit the ball with a lower entry point ---- everything 'feels' lower - don't know how else to say it). All I can say, without any video, is that I feel more athletic and less worried about any impulse to hit the ball. Also, because I am allowing myself to have a tighter grip (focusing primarily on the trigger-finger pressure point), I feel more natural ---- I can feel a glimpse of myself of 25+ years ago. My strikes are much more solid, and the ball flight is lower with more of a slight draw w/o even trying to draw the ball...
Learning to squeeze the towel.
norcalvol

Postby Range Rat » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:43 pm

Just about anything can be hybridized, but mostly the difference I was referring to is in proportions, and how we see it. Even Hogan said things would look different based on sizes of people, and things like that- that's what I meant by 'between' mostly..... however, one can change things up in the rough and steepen a touch if needed too, or just to alter things as needed, so that changes what one sees too. :)
Range Rat

Previous

Return to Hitting vs Swinging Golf Illustrated Oct 2010